THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS FOR THEIR GENEROUS SUPPORT!
U40 Patron Sponsor: KPMG
U40 Presenting Partner: Taylor Ryan Executive Search
Interested in joining the Under-40 Committee? We refresh our Committee each spring. A ‘Call for Applications’ will be sent out annually in March/April and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
Criteria of Committee Members:
- You are under the age of 40
- Commit to attending Committee meetings every month
- Commit to attending U40 events (10 per year) and serve on a U40 subcommittee
- Employment with a company that is a UDI Member in good standing, and one that is not already represented on the current Committee (Wesgroup Properties, Adera Development, Cressey Development, PCI Development, KPMG, Marcon, and/or Peterson)
If you meet the criteria and are excited about advancing the U40 Executive Committee and its mandate, please email me your resume and your answers (200 words max. per question) to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in joining the U40 Executive Committee?
- What ideas do you have to grow U40 initiatives?
- What events have you attended? Which event was your favorite?
Our 2015-2016 U40 Committee Members:
- Brad Jones - Director of Development, Wesgroup (Chair)
- Erin Tait - Partner, Koffman Kalef LLP (Vice Chair)
- Nic Paolella - Development Manager, Marcon (Vice Chair)
- Edward Archibald - Vice President, Development, Adera Development Corporation
- Ben Fisher - Development Manager, Cressey Development Corporation
- Tim Grant - Vice President, Investment, PCI Developments
- Deepk Jaswal - Senior Manager, Tax, KPMG
- Ted Mildon - Senior Manager, Leasing, Oxford Properties Group
- Derek Townsend - Associate, Citifund Capital
- Darren Wong - Director of Real Estate, Second City Real Estate
- Tim Yeung - Development Manager, Peterson
- Engagement – to give the next generation a voice within UDI by giving them opportunities for participation, whether on committees or special task forces, or by attending events and meeting fellow young UDI members and experienced industry veterans. To further engage this demographic by communicating with them using current social networking tools (e.g. Twitter, Facebook).
- Events – to plan and hold educational, professional development and networking events aimed at U40s to broaden their knowledge level and encourage networking with their peers in both private and public sectors. For upcoming UDI U40 events, please visit our Events page at http://udi.memberzone.com/events.
- Education – to expand our current educational programming beyond the School of Development by introducing topics that appeal to U40s.
- Excellence – to help U40s understand excellence through contact with respected industry leaders and those who have served in a leadership role in UDI; this exposure and contact is often in the format of lunches or small group Leadership Breakfasts.
In June 2009, recognizing changing demographics, the UDI Board of Directors raised the subject of meeting the needs of tomorrow’s leaders.
A Task Group of young leaders met to discuss how UDI could and should connect and engage with future industry leaders. Because membership is corporate (versus individual), many young professionals do not know they are UDI members or do not get invited to UDI events, and thus feel no connection to the organization.
This Task Group led to the creation of the U40 Committee, which – after a year of informal meetings and trial events – was formally established in May 2010. The Chair of the U40 Committee sits on the UDI Board of Directors.
UDI Members: To join the UDI U40 mailing list, please email Maggie Carate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non Members: Please connect with us via social media!
For more information, visit: